Arrive to Portugal by plane and getting to Vila Real
The nearest international airport is less than 100 km away, in the city of Porto (Oporto – OPO) – about 15km from the center of Porto (about 20 minutes by taxi and 35 minutes by Light Rail) .
The bus terminal is located in the center of the city of Porto, at Campo 24 De Agosto, 130.
To get there (option 1):
- Light Rail (Metro), Line E, towards “Trindade/Estádio do Dragão”, to “Senhora da Hora” (+/- 20 min)
- Ligth Rail (Metro), Line A, towards “Estádio do Dragão”, until “24 de Agosto” (+/- 15 min)
To get there (option 2):
- Get the bus on the airport door (more information here) to the bus terminal
– Take a bus, inside this station, to Vila Real (Ticket from: “Porto” to “Vila Real”)
To travel by car between Porto Airport and Vila Real you can use the A4 motorway. This highway connects Porto to Vila Real, passing through Amarante, then heading to Bragança. The trip should take about 1h to 1h15m to reach Vila Real.
UTAD campus is well-served by public transport to and from the centre of the city. In addition, there are numerous cycle paths in the area and bike storage facilities on site.
Several Urbanos services from the city centre stop within the campus:
- Services 1, 3 and 4 stops within the campus itself at bus stop “UTAD Reitoria”.
A myUrbVR is available free for smartphones. This APP allows quick and effective view of Urbanos Vila Real timetables and routes. When selecting a place of departure and destination, you can check schedules, routes and track in real time the route of your trip. You can also identify the nearest stops from the place of origin and intended destination, as well as the respective schedules, and store in the “Favorites” the most common routes for faster search.
The campus is situated near the city center. Please note that on-campus parking is limited on-street parking available in the surrounding area.